About the Funds
Sigma Pi Sigma and the Society of Physics Students rely in great part on individual donations to continue offering the invaluable programs and services we have available. Those who give and invest in our Endowment Fund, make certain the legacy of these two organizations will remain steadfast as the principle of the endowment is never disturbed and the interest grows to expand our programs. Several of our scholarships and awards are given through the generosity of the Endowment Fund.
Through the Annual Fund, we are able to maintain our annual outreach and as the contributions to this fund expand, offer that much more to the future of the physical sciences community on a regular basis.
Mary Beth Monroe
In memory of Mary Beth Monroe, lifelong champion and member of the SPS, friends and colleagues are encouraged to support an endowed scholarship in her name. Mather Policy Internships
The John and Jane Mather Foundation for Science and the Arts and the American Institute of Physics (AIP) have created the Mather Policy Intern Program, a program that sends two undergraduate physics majors to Washington, DC, each summer where they will spend their break working in Congress or in other government offices where policy is formulated.
2016 Quadrennial Physics Congress
Science Driving Innovation
November 3 - 5, 2016
San Francisco, California
Interactive Workshops • Poster Sessions • Art Contest • and More!
- Jocelyn Bell Burnell, Visiting Professor at the University of Oxford
- Eric Cornell, Senior Scientist at JILA, NIST, and the Department of Physics, University of Colorado at Boulder, and 2001 Physics Nobel Laureate
- Persis Drell, Dean of Stanford University School of Engineering and former Director of the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
- S. James Gates, Distinguished Professor and Center for String & Particle Theory Director at the University of Maryland
Confirmed Tour Sites
- SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
- NASA’s Ames Research Center
Be a sponsor for the largest gathering of physics undergraduate students: